Hello. Here I am starting my second week with a bang haha :)  8 days done 22 to go. As I wrote 22 days left it kind of imedetally felt like the target is reachable and that I am getting closer! It is definitely a nice feeling and I love the process of this challenge as well. I was looking for some inspiration today for the scrub and I came across black lava salt, which I have never heard about before, but turns out it contains charcoal (luckily for me I have it in my cupboard) :)

Since childhood in my family we have used activated charcoal for upset stomachs. And now I put in a foot scrub to help remove toxins out of the body and gently to exfoliate the skin. 
30 Day Challenge - Day 8



Charcoal Foot Scrub (Messy, messy, messy)


  1. 2 table spoons of rock salt 
  2. 2 capsules of activated charcoal (opened)
  3. Coconut blend spray. I used one I use for cooking as I find it is a nice blend with sunflower oil and rapeseed oil
  4. 5 drops of Melissa Essential oil
30 Day Challenge - Day 8

I just mixed it all together and viola! I sprayed oil a few times until the charcoal and rock salt became moist. OK, this is the messiest foot bath I ever made :D:D:D !!! I gently rubbed my feet with the mixture but it had no bonding in it and just kept on falling into the water. In the end it just became a soak and it became very clear that the charcoal with the mixture was sticking on my feet! OH NO! I had soaked it for about 10 minutes and I had to wash it of in the bath. Apart from that my feet feel the softest after this soak than the others I don't know if it is because of the weird combination or because it has been 8 days since I am doing this! Would I do this again? Yes, but just in the bathroom due to how messy it is! This is the blog I got some inspiration for the charcoal from, you can find it HERE. And if you like to read some more about activated charcoal you can do it HERE.

Happy Soaking
Splendour Blog

0 comments: